Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday (Cooking Bacon)

I love the pre-cooked bacon that you can get at Sam's-especially this time of year because we eat a lot of BLTs. Everyone wants hot bacon & cooking BLTs for a family of six is very time consuming if you fry it up on the stove. I started buying the pre-cooked bacon BUT it is more expensive that route. Now, I cook my bacon in the oven (my good friend, Mindi said one day in conversation that she cooks her bacon in the oven & I thought "Wow, what a time saver!" Thanks Mindi!) ...


Bacon can also be easily baked in the oven, resulting in amazingly flat slices. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a rack inside a baking sheet. Lay out slices and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on desired doneness level. Voila! Crispy bacon with no curls.

Just like the bacon that you buy at the store already pre-cooked. I usually buy 3 packages of bacon & cook it all up, layer it between paper towels to absorb some of the fat & store it in a ziploc bag for quick and easy BLTs, bacon for breakfast or on sandwiches!


Check out more Works for Me Wednesdays ideas, @ Rocks in My Dryer!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Doesn't the bacon splatter and smoke in the oven at the temp?

ellen b. said...

I love this tip. Wow it's only 8:00 am but a BLT sounds wonderful...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

mistihollrah said...

No, the bacon cooks suprisingly very well in the oven without smoke or splatters. I think it's because it is cooked at a slower pace then when you fry it on the stovetop.

Dawn said...

We had BLT's for dinner tonight. I've never tried cooking it in the oven, but I am going to try it next time. It took forever to cook the bacon for all of us tonight. Thanks for the tip.