Monday, July 16, 2007

Marriage Monday-Honor Post 7.16.07


My hubby and I had a very long weekend cleaning out our garage. And we actually got through the weekend without screaming and yelling at each other the entire time-I think maybe we had a few words early on but we managed to get a lot accomplished! We still have a ways to go but we managed to get a great start on the project. We will be celebrating our 16 year anniversary on July 20th and we have accumulated so much stuff over the years and we have never had a garage sale to get rid of things that we no longer use. We had a garage sale 9 years ago when we moved from a bigger home back into our first home & sold furniture that wouldn't fit back into the house. But that's all! Each time we moved, we just stuffed everything into the shed, attic and garage! So I'm thankful that we managed to get through most of this project without screaming and yelling at each other this weekend!
Goals that I'm working on to honor my husband:
Not thinking negative thoughts or saying negative things about him in front of my children-doing good. Every once in a way I catch myself getting ready to say something but instead, I pray or think about something else.
Last week started out really well & I got my quiet time in but by Tuesday after having a house full of kids (8) and staying up until 3:30 am, I didn't get my quiet time in. This week, I still have some big projects but I should be able to get my quiet time in sometime!
Hope everyone had a great week last week, I'm looking forward to getting a lot of things accomplished and goals meet! Check for my updated on July 20th-our anniversary-I will have some pictures of the last 16 years posted!
Check out Fruit in Season, for more information about this challenge.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Taking every thought captive. That's where it all starts isn't it. You should be proud of yourself that you worked through a stressful project and saw it to its completion while managing to be kind to one another. Sometimes that's no small task.

I laughed when I saw the eight kids...no quiet time comment. We had eight kids here yesterday. I sure am worn out today.

Kate

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I know what you mean things can really accumulate over the years and migrate the garage . I know ours has. Good job! I am so glad you got yours all done. I have to tackle mine and you are an inspiration. I know what you mean about being careful what we say. May the bless your marriage this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

Christine said...

I have been getting better at catching myself in the act, so to speak, and holding my tongue, too. Great accomplishment in your garage!

Alida Sharp said...

Our big move to Russia was the thing that helped us clean out what was important and what was not!!!

Good for you for doing it just cuz it needs to get done!

Alida