Saturday, July 07, 2007

Back-to-School Essentials

Yes, I know, what am I thinking! Summer is in full force and I blogging about Back-to-School! I had mentioned in another post that July 4th always marks the half-way mark for summer & I typically start thinking about school around this time. My son, CSH, gets the EC:Essential Connection (GOD+LIFE+FUN) magazine from LifeWay and there was an article titled Back-To-School Essentials by Sherrill Echols. The quote in the column really caught my attention:


"Prayer, goal setting and planning are three essentials for a successful school year. As you prepare for the upcoming year, pray for God's wisdom and guidance in all of your decisions and choices. What is important to you? What do you want to accomplish?...Do you want to be a member of the student council, honor society , or drill team? What impression or impact do you want to make on your campus?"

What a great concept....for everything in life. Housework, work, relationships, etc. Committing our goals and aspirations to the Lord daily will help us achieve anything.


"Commit your activities to the Lord and your plans will be achieved." Proverbs 16:3



What a strong directive followed by encouragement. "As Christians, we have the ultimate partner in all of our efforts. We can give the Lord our concerns about the upcoming months and challenges ahead."



I continued reading the article and thought of ways this could apply to my everyday life! What activities am I going to commit to the Lord? Everything from housekeeping to grocery shopping to relationship building with my hubby and children to activities outside of the home like dance, soccer & volunteer jobs at school.


This is going to be my theme for the next year....




0 comments: