Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday UPDATED (Household Inventory Notebook-The Kitchen)




One of my "40-Before-40" items that I want to complete before I turn 40 is complete a Household Inventory Notebook. A good home managers job is to keep a household inventory of all of the household furnishings and other personal possessions.


This inventory provides a recond for insurance purposed and owner identification in case of loss. There are several ways to do an inventory, I have decided to create an inventory notebook to record the contents of each room. It will be a consuming task but one that will be well worth it in case of a loss.


I decided that the best way to break down this task is to start one room at a time. This week, I will start with the kitchen. Here are the steps that I am going to take:


1. Take pictures of the room from all angles. Take pictures instead cabinets and drawers. Here are the pictures that I took....






2. Send pictures to be printed.


3. Write serial numbers/model numbers of all applicances. Entered onto a spreadsheet.


4. Include paint sample chip for touch up purposes. I have all of our cans labeled in the garage. Write down mix number/brand beside paint chip & where I purchased the paint.


Place everything in notebook under the Kitchen/Dining Room area. If I have time, I may tackle the Living Room as well.


I figure that if I tackle a room every day, I might get it done before my 40th birthday!


Check out more http://www.5minutesformom.com/


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have wanted to do one of these for a long time. I like your idea with the pictures! My main reason for doing it was the paint chips.

OK - gonna add it to my to do list!

Lauren said...

What a huge tackle! But great idea! Good luck!

Barbara H. said...

That is such a great idea! I really need to do that. I've known of people who had trouble getting reimbursed by insurance companies after a fire because they couldn't document what they had.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts