Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Well....my fortieth birthday is tomorrow! I started this blog almost 3 years ago to track my progress of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 40 years old. I plan on taking this year to work a little harder on my list and figure out what I am going to rename my blog right before I turn 41! I accomplished some but still have a lot of things that I would still like to do...here is my list:
1. Clean/Organize Garage (cleaned last summer...need to clean it out again!)
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (need to get serious about losing some weight. This Easter I had a heart scare & cardiologist recommends losing 75 pounds!)
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book)
5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows. (will look at doing when we have our 20th wedding anniversary in 2011)
8. Read the Bible completely.
Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks. Started working on our Disney trip photo album a couple of weeks ago. (plan to finish Disney trip album, work on New York next and then work on catching up the kids.)
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet! (Cardiologist recommends this for my heart condition...made some progress but started drinking dt dr pepper again.)
12. Make a quilt.
Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents.
14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs.
15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.
Go to a spa for a massage.
Get a pedicure.
18. Take a cooking class.
19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.
20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.
21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids) Have mine done...need to get Sean's completed & have SIL file.
22. Learn cake decorating.
23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.
24. Try yoga.
25. Try pilates.
26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)
Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked)
28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes. Purchased notebook 6/29/07. Started working on inventory with kitchen.
29. Get finances in order and everything paid off. (just about there!!!)
Take family to Disney World.
Send out Christmas Cards (last time was 1997)
32. Clean out car-keep it clean for an entire month-figure this would help me set a habit.
33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.
34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.
35. Go ice skating with my family.
36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk &; don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my list!)
37. See "Gone with the Wind."
38. Take Tennis Lessons.