Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A bit of Housekeeping....Updated 1/2/07

UPDATE (1/2/07): Since it is a New Year, I had some time to think about some things that I want to accomplish over the next year and came up with some more things to add to my list. See below. *Denotes new items added today.

I'm hoping that I can start crossing off some items soon...

Wow, I am really going to do this...start a blog! Let me introduce myself,my name is Misti and I'm 37 years old. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart, Sean, we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past summer. We have four children, Connor who will be 14 in January, Collin is 10, Gracie is 7 and Sydney is 5. Why am I starting this blog thing? First, I was inspired by my friends who are keeping a blog and I was inspired this week to think about what I would like to accomplish in my life before I turn 40 years old. So I started my list and I needed an outlet to write about getting to that goal so this is the beginning of my blog! I'm still working on my list and will update it as I add to it. But for now here are the 40 things that I want to do BEFORE I turn forty on July 8th, 2009 (not in any particular order!)....

1. Clean/Organize Garage
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (I have lost 8 pounds so far!)
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book last night)
5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Need to purchase a KitchenAid first for all that mixing...I've been hinting...
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows.
8. Read the Bible completely. (started reading each day)
9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks.
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet!
12. Make a quilt.
*13. Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents. (Registered for Networking-class starts Jan 21-23)
*14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs.
*15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.
*16. Go to a spa for a massage.
*17. Get a pedicure.
*18. Take a cooking class.
*19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.
*20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.
*21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids)
*22. Learn cake decorating.
*23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.
*24. Try yoga.
*25. Try pilates.
*26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)
*27. Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked)
*28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes.
*29. Get finances in order and everything paid off.
*30. Take family to Disney World.
*31. Send out Christmas Cards (I haven't sent out cards since I was pregnant with my 3rd child!)
*32. Clean out car-keep it clean!
*33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.
*34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.
*35. Go ice skating with my family.
**36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk & don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my least!)
37.
38.
39.
40.

UPDATE: Only 5 more items to think about and add to my list!

Wish me luck. Encourage me along the way. The next 2 1/2 years will be a journey and I invite you along as I share my accomplishments in the 40 Things that I want to do before I turn 40!!

Original Housekeeping Post-12/15/06

6 comments:

mistihollrah said...

Thanks! I have added to my list. I'm sure that there will be many things that I don't get accomplished but I need a goal!!!

Unknown said...

http://radar.smh.com.au/archives/2005/03/40_things_to_do.html

he's got some way out there fun stuff...

Unknown said...

the web site is 43 things!

http://www.43things.com/

Unknown said...

This is a great idea to start out a blog. Good luck.

Household Executive said...

Great list! Congrats on the 8 lbs. What a great start! I am proud of you!

Jennifer said...

Great list! I'm a diet dr pepper addict, too!