Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A bit of Housekeeping....Updated 1/2/07

UPDATE (1/2/07): Since it is a New Year, I had some time to think about some things that I want to accomplish over the next year and came up with some more things to add to my list. See below. *Denotes new items added today.

I'm hoping that I can start crossing off some items soon...

Wow, I am really going to do this...start a blog! Let me introduce myself,my name is Misti and I'm 37 years old. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart, Sean, we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past summer. We have four children, Connor who will be 14 in January, Collin is 10, Gracie is 7 and Sydney is 5. Why am I starting this blog thing? First, I was inspired by my friends who are keeping a blog and I was inspired this week to think about what I would like to accomplish in my life before I turn 40 years old. So I started my list and I needed an outlet to write about getting to that goal so this is the beginning of my blog! I'm still working on my list and will update it as I add to it. But for now here are the 40 things that I want to do BEFORE I turn forty on July 8th, 2009 (not in any particular order!)....

1. Clean/Organize Garage
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (I have lost 8 pounds so far!)
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book last night)
5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Need to purchase a KitchenAid first for all that mixing...I've been hinting...
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows.
8. Read the Bible completely. (started reading each day)
9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks.
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet!
12. Make a quilt.
*13. Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents. (Registered for Networking-class starts Jan 21-23)
*14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs.
*15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.
*16. Go to a spa for a massage.
*17. Get a pedicure.
*18. Take a cooking class.
*19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.
*20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.
*21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids)
*22. Learn cake decorating.
*23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.
*24. Try yoga.
*25. Try pilates.
*26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)
*27. Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked)
*28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes.
*29. Get finances in order and everything paid off.
*30. Take family to Disney World.
*31. Send out Christmas Cards (I haven't sent out cards since I was pregnant with my 3rd child!)
*32. Clean out car-keep it clean!
*33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.
*34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.
*35. Go ice skating with my family.
**36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk & don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my least!)
37.
38.
39.
40.

UPDATE: Only 5 more items to think about and add to my list!

Wish me luck. Encourage me along the way. The next 2 1/2 years will be a journey and I invite you along as I share my accomplishments in the 40 Things that I want to do before I turn 40!!

Original Housekeeping Post-12/15/06

7 comments:

queenbusick said...

looks great!! would you like me to add some more things for you to do?? Just kidding...this is pretty intense idea! can't wait to see you pull it off!

mistihollrah said...

Thanks! I have added to my list. I'm sure that there will be many things that I don't get accomplished but I need a goal!!!

queenbusick said...

http://radar.smh.com.au/archives/2005/03/40_things_to_do.html

he's got some way out there fun stuff...

queenbusick said...

the web site is 43 things!

http://www.43things.com/

sarala said...

This is a great idea to start out a blog. Good luck.

Mindi said...

Great list! Congrats on the 8 lbs. What a great start! I am proud of you!

Little Munchkin said...

Great list! I'm a diet dr pepper addict, too!