Friday, December 15, 2006

A bit of Housekeeping...

Wow, I am really going to do this...start a blog! Let me introduce myself,my name is Misti and I'm 37 years old. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart, Sean, we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this past summer. We have four children, Connor who will be 14 in January, Collin is 10, Gracie is 7 and Sydney is 5. Why am I starting this blog thing? First, I was inspired by my friends who are keeping a blog and I was inspired this week to think about what I would like to accomplish in my life before I turn 40 years old. So I started my list and I needed an outlet to write about getting to that goal so this is the beginning of my blog! I'm still working on my list and will update it as I add to it. But for now here are the 40 things that I want to do BEFORE I turn forty on July 8th, 2009 (not in any particular order!)....

1. Clean/Organize Garage
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (I have lost 8 pounds so far!)
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids.
5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows.
8. Read the Bible completely.
9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks.
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!)
12. Make a quilt.

As you can see I have a lot more things to think about and a good list to get started on. Wish me luck. Encourage me along the way. The next 2 1/2 years will be a journey and I invite you along as I share my accomplishments in the 40 Things that I want to do before I turn 40!!

0 comments: