Last week, after the first day that the kids were home for Christmas vacation, I was a little frustrated with them...not picking up, fighting with each other etc. etc. The normal things that kids do! I went to bed wishing that I had children that always listens to me, picks up after themselves, etc, etc.! But reality sat in and I got to thinking about all of the parenting advice and techniques that I have tried over the past 14 years. Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I was a Parent Educator for Parents as Teachers. I sat in on many conferences about parenting & discipline techniques. Read everything that I could about parenting and discipline from every topic possible. Here is that list!
1. Parenting with Love and Logic (Fay & Cline)
2. There's Gotta Be a Better Way (Becky Bailey)
3. 1-2-3 Magic Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
4. Hw to Talk So Kids will Listen & Listen so Kids will Talk
5. Louise Bates Ames Series...Your One Year Old: The Fun Loving, Fussy Twelve to Twenty-Four Month Old, etc
Of course, I also read books by famous Doctors...
6. Touchpoints: Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development by T. Berry Brazelton
7. Your Baby & Child by Penelope Leach
8. The Baby Book by Dr William Sears
9. Dr. Spock's Books.
10. Boundaries with Kids by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
11. Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
12. The Strong Willed Child by James Dobson
13. Playful Parenting by Denise Champman-Weston
There are more books that I picked up along the way but these are the most memorable! The best advice that I can give parents is that not all children are alike, what worked for one child is not going to work for another child. Everyday is a new day & to enjoy the ride! And Pray that what you teach them in their childhood will stay with them when they need it the most!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. my 2 cents
6. Amy Ruttan
7. Kim Priestap
8. Practical Chick
9. jenny ryan
12. ladybug crossing
14. Sparky Duck
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants