Sunday, December 17, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

I've was tagged by queenbusick (Tina's Snippets)...well I am to write about "what is my most recent indulgence?"

Have your ever looked up the meaning of indulgence? I looked it up on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence) basically an indulgence is "In Latin Catholic theology, an indulgence is the remission granted by the Church of the temporal punishment due to sins already forgiven by God." Also..Indulgences may only be granted by the Church after the individual earning the indulgence receives the sacrament of Penance or experiences perfect contrition -- he essentially must be in the state of grace. The whole section on this website it really interesting to read! Talk about feeling guilty about having an indulgence!

The dictionary gives this definition of indulgence:

in·dul·gence n.
The act or an instance of indulging; gratification: indulgence of every whim.
The state of being
indulgent.
The act of indulging in something: indulgence in irresponsible behavior.
Something indulged in: Sports cars are an expensive indulgence.
Liberal or lenient treatment; tolerance: treated their grandchildren with fond indulgence.
Self-indulgence: a life of wealth and indulgence.
Something granted as a favor or privilege.
Permission to extend the time of payment or performance.
Patient attention: I beg your indulgence for just a few minutes.
Roman Catholic Church. The remission of temporal punishment still due for a sin that has been sacramentally absolved.tr.v. Roman Catholic Church., -genced, -genc·ing, -genc·es.
To attach an indulgence to.


Okay...what is my most recent indulgence? What part of the definition is my indulgence related too? Am in a state of Grace to indulge? Am I indulging on a whim? Am I privileged? Or am I just indulging? Well, I collect signs. Wooden signs with catchy little sayings or verses. My first sign was one that my Aunt Phyllis bought me last year on our trip to Ohio, it simply says...Simplify...this has been my motto for the year of 2006. Have I accomplished this simple reminder? Yes and no!



My mom added to the collection with this sign - Grand Central Station. This sign hangs above my door to the garage! With four busy children, this holds true.

While on a trip to Branson, my Mom bought me my next sign- Laundry Drop Your Pants Here...this hangs above my laundry room door. My CSH and CWH's bedroom is downstairs and they literally "drop their pants" at the door way of the laundry room!


My next beloved sign says...Giggle! I love this sign-my Mom gave it to me for my birthday. I have it hanging above 4 pictures...all of my children that was taken when they were 1 month old. I get a gentle reminder each day to take time to giggle, to laugh and enjoy the life that God has given me.

Okay, here are my most recent indulgences...I was looking through The Country House catalog, which by the way has lots of neat signs with great sayings! And I bought these three signs:

You are My Sunshine....I sang this to my babies when they were very little while I nursed them. So it makes me remember when they were very little. It has special meaning to me.


There is always, always, always something to be thankful for...enough said about this sign. No matter how bad things may seem, I should always remember that there is something to be thankful for and I will say out loud at least three things that I am thankful for when I'm feeling down.

And my last sign...Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give your hope and a future."

I have many more signs that I want...and when I want to indulge again, I may get them! Here are some of the other sayings that I would like to have (hint for any gifts anyone would like to get me :-) they are all from The Country House catalog!)...Who are all these kids and why are they calling me Mom...When you Stumble make it part of the dance...May blessing from above fall upon this home...

What part of the definition is mine? You tell me!

So...now who do I tag? I will tag The Household Executive. (I think she was already tagged by queenbusick...but I haven't seen her post!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

now I want that giggle sign!! I guess I am in a state of sin..but I am totally and utterly convinced that grace solves that continually!