Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Reader's Journal: 2007 Winter Classics Challenge


I happen to come across this challenge and thought that it would be fun! I love to read and I like challenges too!
The challenge can be found at A Reader's Journal's website. The challenge is to read FIVE classics during the month of January and February! What am I going to read? I'm not sure yet! Let's see...I'm thinking about it...I got it!
1. The Lion, The Witch & the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis (this is one of my 40 Before 40 goals...to read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids!)
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitgerald
4. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
5. Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
I'm hoping that some of these titles are in the book"1001 Books to Read Before I Die," I have a goal (from 40 before 40) to read one book a month from this book! I'll update after I get this book to compare!
UPDATE: I just ordered the books that I didn't have (I only had "The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe-which I will read first!) from Amazon. Ordering tip...I purchased all used books from Amazon, paid $37.00 for 5 books this included shipping. After I read the books, I will relist them on Amazon. I figure that I would pay this in late fees to the library...I'm not good at returning books!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good challenge. But what about all the non-classics i have to read in the next month?

Ladybug Crossing said...

I'm too cheap. I'm going to the library to get those... I'm sure they aren't on any wait list...
Good luck with your read!! Thanks for dropping by my TT!
LBC

mistihollrah said...

I didn't pay full price for the books...I bought them all used from Amazon...I think I paid 1 cent for a couple of them plus the shipping! I like purchasing my own because I will never get them returned to the library and I will have to pay the overdue charge :-) Besides, when I'm done with the book, I will sell it on Amazon!

Booklogged said...

Hello, Mistihollrah and welcome to the classics challenge. I so happy you'll be joining us. I see you are another brave soul who will be reading The Great Gatsby. My daughter read all the Narnia books this year and is quite insistent that I read them. Of course, I want to, but I didn't include them in my list for this challenge so they will have to wait til later.