Monday, January 08, 2007

Menu Monday-1.8.07-Upated


Happy Monday! This week is a clean out the freezer week, my food co-op group meets next Monday for our exchange so I want to make room for those meals as well as the side of beef that my in-laws gave us for Christmas (my in-laws are cattle ranchers and we usually get a side of beef each year for Christmas-it's a lifesaver for our big family!). I need to plan our meals around our evening activities so this week we are having:

Monday (Dance, Soccer, Basketball)-BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Tuesday (Dance & Basketball)-Chicken Drumsticks (in crockpot)
Wednesday-Pork Tenderloin
Thursday (Dance)-Italian Crockpot Chicken (also grocery day)
Friday-Rueben Sandwiches and Soup

Be sure to check out everyone's menus on at I'm an Organizing Junkie's website!

I had a request for the Italian Crockpot Chicken Recipe...here it is:

Italian Crock Pot Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (whole or cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick BUTTER
1 env. dry italian dressing mix
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature

Melt butter, pour over chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry italian dressing mix. Cover, and cook for 4 hours.

Blend soup and cream cheese, pour over chicken.* Cook additional 1/2 hour. Serve over angel hair pasta.

*when I add the soup and cheese, I take the chicken out, stir the soup/cheese into the pot contents, and return the chicken for the last 1/2 hr.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks great-I love BBQ pork.

Unknown said...

Italian Chicken. What's your recipe? It does sound delicious.

Booklogged said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipes. I need to use my crock pot more and this will help.