Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Spiritual Talents: Monday Faith Builders

One day last week I had posted this quote:

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say ‘I used everything you gave me.’ ~Erma Bombeck

Since then, I have thought about this quote several times and decided that I was going to take the class at church on Spiritual Gifts. They are having their Crash Course classes in a couple of weeks and if the class is offered, I'm going to sign up for it. I believe that God is pushing me to take this course because today the chapter that I was reading today out of "the Worn Out Woman" by Dr Steve Stephens and Alice Gray is on playing to your strengthens. Finding your best abilities starts with answering a few easy questions:

1. What were your favorite subjects in school?
2. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
3. In what areas do you get the most compliments?
4. What do you feel most comfortable and confident doing?
5. What things do your friends think you're best at?
6. What pursuits seem to come most naturally to you?
7. What do you have fun doing?
8. What activities keep calling to you strongly, even if you're not sure you'd be good at them?

Over the next couple of weeks when I have my quiet time, I am going to pray about these 8 questions and journal what God is telling me. I will post my answers and progress-since this is one of my 40 before 40 goals-to discover my God given talents. I want to be able to say to God that I used everything!

I was also reading the meme for Faith Builders and the second part of the question really caught my attention & made me think about this quote. The question is What is the "something more" that God is calling you to?

He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, “Dry bones, hear the world of the Lord!” Ezekiel 37:3-4

Dear Lord- Let me hear your word! Let me understand what you are calling me to? Show me my spiritual gifts and let me use them to glorify and serve you. Amen



4 comments:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

What a great use of your talents! :) Honestly, though I am not sure I know any of the answers to that question - my one "goal" and want in life was to be a mother and wife, it always has been - I mean ever since I was like 5 and knew I could have children that's been my one wish - Anyway, I have just started - I mean really started my journey with God - I have always believed - but really "trusting" is something I just did - gave up my life to "serve" Him - so I think I am going to take on your post and, see if I can come up with "my answers" as another way to try to find my path - It's all kinda confusing to me at this point.

mistihollrah said...

Thanks!LMK what you come up with. I think it a little hard to answer all of those questions-that's why I really relying on God to give me the answers! Good luck in your journey-I'm glad you are tackling it with me!

Unknown said...

well..plan on going to Crash Course b/c I know they are offering Network! Be sure to post your results!

mistihollrah said...

queenbusick-I was hoping that newtwork was going to be offered!Yeah for me!