Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions for 2007:SMART Habit Saturday (Updated)

Lara-The Lazy Organizer posted a challenge that I decided to participate it. Each year we make a lofty (or not) list of things that we want to change or do better for the next year. I have a list in my head of things that I want to do this year to make myself a better person. I liked Lara's idea about incorporating small task and making them a habit. We are to post each week on Saturday our progress.

I am going to develop one new habit a week in four different areas: Intellectual/Mental, Physical, Social/Creative, and Spiritual.

Intellectual/Mental: Read each day from one of the books on my 2007 Winter Classic Reading Challenge. I'm currently reading the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. One of my 40 before 40 goals is to read these books aloud to my children. I read the book better out loud if I have already read them to myself.

Physical: Drink water each day. I'm a Diet Dr Pepper addict! I don't like water. I know that losing the 50 pounds that I want to lose will come off easier if I drink water each day. So I'm going to start with 32 ounces of water each day. I read in Body Clutter from Flylady that when you think you are hungry, you should drink a bottle of water instead. It just might curve your appetite. I going to keep that in mind each time I'm hungry, I should have no problem drinking water each day!

Social/Creative: I am about six years behind in my kids scrapbooks. I have about 30 rolls of film that I need to develop (before digital camera) but it's APS film and it's a little more expensive to develop so I have put off getting it develop. I need to take a roll each week to get develop. After they are all developed, I can start scrapbooking again.

Spiritual: My goal to get up and have a quick devotional each morning before I start my day. Then in the afternoon have a longer in depth prayer time and Bible study. One of my 40 before 40 goals is to read the Bible through. So for my quick daily devotion, I will read one chapter (ie. Genesis 1:1 etc) each morning.

Oh, this feels really good...I think that I might be able to keep my New Year Goals by taking baby steps. Thanks Lara for this challenge. See you on Saturday!

If you want to join us for the challenge, check it out at SMART Habit Saturday

UPDATED: I had a couple more thoughts and sections that I want to added the my SMART Habit Saturday list. I'm adding another area.....Housekeeping. I am going to add one new habit a month for that area. For the month of January....I will be making my bed each morning. It always feels so much better when you climb into a freshly made bed each morning. This is easier for me to accomplish if one of my girls don't get in bed with me in the middle of the night since I get up before they do.

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Good goals! It will be neat to see us accomplish everything we have written.

Lara said...

It's going to be fun at the end of this year to look back on these goals and see how much you've accomplished!

See you Saturday!