Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #4 (GLH's Closet)

My first Tackle- it-Tuesday post was tackling my daughter's room with the intentions of tackling her closet in the near future...since we were iced in for the last three days, I have my laundry caught up and the house pretty well cleaned. So last night, I emptied out her closet and gathered all of the supplies I had purchased to start on her closet...well I had to go back to Home Depot because I had the wrong size shelves and brackets. Oh well...after all that...

Today my tackle is to put everything back into her closet- organized since my sweet hubby installed the closet organizer. And we have another day where we don't have any place to be this evening because school was canceled due to the ice storm, therefore, most of our evening activities have been canceled as well and I can keep working until her closet is finished!

Here is the before picture:


Here is her room after everything has been removed from her closet...I can't believe there was that much in her closet!



Here is the completed project...We added two bars for clothing, one high for things that she doesn't wear that often, her dance cosutmes, etc. and one lower for the clothes that she wears on a regular bases. There is room to add more. There are three shelves and one more that I haven't installed yet. I still need to go through some of the rubbermaid boxes that I put back in her closet and sort the barbie clothes (there are 2 boxes that I need to go through) I moved her Barbie dolls to the back of her door and moved from her door to the closet to hang her dance bag and baton bag on each day. I put together her Bitty Baby storage chest, it's in the closet as well. We purged 3 Barbie doll vehicles and kept only 2...the pink convertible and the gray VW Bug. It looks so much better and more organized...and it's only 10:30 am! What else am I going to tackle today??? I added a small to-do list below the pictures.


To-Do Today....

  1. Update registration form on CMSL website.
  2. Update teams registered.
  3. Go to the bank.
  4. Clean off my desk.
  5. Tackle hot-spots through out the house...LR, Hallway and Bedroom.
  6. Put sheets on boys bed.
  7. Wash GLH's sheets and make her bed.
  8. List for OAMC (Shop Wed AM)
  9. Dishes. Had boys put them in the dishwasher while I went to the bank! Smart Mom!
  10. ??????

Check out more at Tackle-it-Tuesdays hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom There are some great tackles!

21 comments:

Sunflower said...

I am still on Monday:-)
How is your exercise going?

To continue promoting healthy blogger lifestyle, I am going to post our Healthy Blogger Pledge every Monday. Currently 18 bloggers have joined us. I will specially visit and comment our participants every Monday, to push them exercise more and to attract more participants!

This minute is for all of us!


I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Nikki said...

Great closet project! I'm excited to see the results. Just a thought, but mybe you could also ask your daughter if she wants to donate anything before you have to put it back. :)

Unknown said...

That looks daunting! Dropping off an exercise comment for you.

mistihollrah said...

Thanks for the comments! Nikki-thanks for the thought on donating items, we have scaled back on the Barbie items...in fact, she has 5 Barbie vehicles and she has decided to keep the VW Bug and the pink convertible. I am going to go through the clothes and shoes and get rid of a lot of those because when the girls play Barbies, they don't do a lot of changing of their clothes. They mostly play with their Bitty Babies. The girls are really excited about being able to reach their clothes each morning!

Check back late on Tuesday for the finished project...looks great already! (Hubby put the brackets in and put the clothing rods, etc. I've been putting some of the stuff that we are keeping back in the closet...like the suitcases, clothes, sleeping bags and games.

mistihollrah said...

Sunflower-
My exercising is going really good...I do need to add up the number of comments that I have had since Thursday and do those sit ups!

I love this idea! Thanks!

Gattina said...

congratulations, very good tuckles achieved !

Anon said...

So much stuff! Good luck with that.
Mine's up

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Wow, a girl after my own heart! I loved Barbies.
Good luck organizing!

Julie in Texas said...

Wow, I thought Playmobil took up lots of space! Who knew Barbie had so many accessories...I guess girl moms would know.

Great tackle. Can't wait to see the after shots.

Carey said...

Wow..look at all those barbies and there cars...we have the same problem..theytake up so much room. I actually put them all in an under the bed tote, and their cars fit next to it.
Mine is up too.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

WOWOWOWOWOW That is soooo impressive! Glad the ice storm helped get things done at your house. :)

Amber said...

Is that a shoe rack the barbie dolls are hanging on? That's ingenious!

Anon said...

A job well done!

mistihollrah said...

Proverbs 31-
Yes, it's a shoe rack that the barbie dolls are housed in! It holds a lot of barbies!

EE said...

I'm impressed! Almost makes me want to tackle my son's closet:)

Lifecruiser said...

OMG! What a difference, that was a giant tackle indeed and you're still getting on with others. I'm so impressed!

You must be so pleased with that result. What a feeling .-)

Mrs Lifecruiser.com

Barbara H. said...

Wow, have you been busy!! Everything looks great.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Jen said...

Your daughter's closet looks amazing!! What a difference some organizing makes. I really do think that girl stuff is much harder to organize than boy stuff. Barbie, Polly Pockets, and Littlest Pet Shops all have such small pieces. It is very frustrating.

I like your blog. I'm going to add it to my Google reader. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Is that the same closet?? That is incredible!! I do think Barbies breed, much like my sons' Legos. Great job!!

Sarah said...

GIRL! I came over from Tackle-It Tuesday -- I also tackled a HUGE mess while we were iced in. It was a little room that we, too, marveled at what all fit in there! You got a LOT done! Congrats!

Laura said...

Fantastic!! Well done....what a big job!

Laura