Sunday, January 21, 2007

Networking....Spiritual Gifts

One of my goals to complete by the time I turn 40 was to take the Networking Class at Church and to discover what my Spiritual Gifts are...today is the first day of that class. I motivated to take this class after I read this quote:

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say ‘I used everything you gave me.’ ~Erma Bombeck


Update: Sunday evening after the class, I returned home & took the spiritual gifts assessment. I discovered that my gifts are:

1. Helps: The divine enablement to accomplish practical and necessary tasks that free up, support, and meet the needs of others. People with this gift: serve behind the scenes wherever needed to support the gifts and ministries of others, see the tangible and practical things to be done and enjoy doing them, sense God's purpose and pleasure in meeting everyday responsibilities, attach spiritual value to practical service, enjoy knowing that they are making it possible for others to do what God has called them to do.

2. A tie between Knowledge & Wisdom:

Knowledge is the divine enablement to bring truth to the body through a revelation or biblical insight. People with this gift: receive truth which enables them to better serve the body, search the Scriptures, understand truth, gain knowledge that at times is not attained by natural means but revealed to them by God, have an unusual insight or understanding that serves the church, communicate truth for teaching and practical use.

Wisdom is the divine enablement to effectively apply spiritual truth to meet a need in a specific situation. People with this gift: focus on the unseen consequences in determining the next steps to take, receive an understanding of what is necessary to meet the needs of the body, provide divinely given solutions in the midst of conflicts and confusion, hear the Spirit provide direction for God's best, apply spiritual truth in practical ways.

3. Craftsmanship: The divine enablement to creatively design and/or construct items to be used for ministry. People with this gift: work with wood, cloth, paints, metal, glass, and other raw materials, make things that increase the effectiveness of other's ministries, enjoy serving with their hands to meet tangible needs, design and build tangible items and resources for ministry use, work with different kinds of tools and are skilled with their hands.

My forth and fifth are the gift of Hospitality and Administration.

We will learn tomorrow about the cautions, traits and distinctive of each of our gifts.

Look....I have one item crossed off my list....


1. Clean/Organize Garage
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (I have lost 8 pounds so far!)
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book last night)
5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Need to purchase a KitchenAid first for all that mixing...I've been hinting...
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows.
8. Read the Bible completely. (started reading each day)
9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks.
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet!
12. Make a quilt.
*13. Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents. (Registered for Networking-class starts Jan 21-23)
*14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs.
*15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.
*16. Go to a spa for a massage.
*17. Get a pedicure.
*18. Take a cooking class.
*19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.
*20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.
*21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids)
*22. Learn cake decorating.
*23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.
*24. Try yoga.
*25. Try Pilate's.
*26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)
*27. Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked)
*28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes.
*29. Get finances in order and everything paid off.
*30. Take family to Disney World.
*31. Send out Christmas Cards (I haven't sent out cards since I was pregnant with my 3rd child!)
*32. Clean out car-keep it clean!
*33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.
*34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.
*35. Go ice skating with my family.
**36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk & don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my least!)
37.
38.
39.
40.

0 comments: