Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Works for Me Wednesdays #2 (Glove Compartment Car Organizer)



I have in my glove compartment a small accordion file. I store everything you need for the road , registration and insurance information, emergency contact numbers, maps, and directions (file them instead of having to rewrite them every time-we travel a lot for soccer/dance/baton & I have all of the my mapquest directions in the file).
Each tab is labeled. I currently have:
1. Registration
2. Insurance
3. Maintenance
4. Directions
5. Receipts (major maintenance)
6. I'm going to add a little phone book with all my important numbers & addresses in it.
Works for me! For more great ideas visit Rocks in My Dryer Check out some of the past WFMW posts as well!

11 comments:

Staci said...

What a terrific idea! I have long been looking for a solution to loose papers, maps, insurance cards, registration, directions in my glove box. I'll try it! Thanks!

Overwhelmed! said...

Great idea! I have one of these accordion files, so I'll have to give this a try!

Thanks for sharing!

Lara said...

That is a beautiful thing!

Rae said...

Wow, and I thought I was organized, haha. This is awesome..thanks so much for sharing! Happy New Year =)

Jane said...

Awesome idea! I save all those directions papers too, clogging up my glovebox. Then in an need to clean I chuck them all and start over. This is so much better!

Heather said...

Great tip! I have a file like this that I don't use for anything anymore. I know where it's going now! THANKS!

Barbara H. said...

That's a wonderful idea!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Martha said...

Great idea! I love it!

Amber said...

I LOVE this! My car is DEFINITELY one place I am NOT organized!
Thanks!!!

mira said...

That's a really good idea! I'm going to have to borrow that one.

Azul said...

I love this one! I'm headed out the office supply today, and will be picking up one of these for each car.

Thanks for the tip!