Friday, January 05, 2007

Change Me, Lord!

As I read my devotion this morning, from Stormie Omartian's "The Power of a Praying Wife," the first thing that I read that hit me hard was...."Change Me, Lord!" Change me? What? What about those who need to change? Why me? Hereis why... Here is my prayer and my conversation with God:

In Psalms 66:18, you say if I regard iniquity in my heart, You will not hear me. I want my heart to be right so my prayers will be answered-not compromised.

Lord, I confess to you and ask you to forgive me for being irresposible, for being angry about things that I can not control, for seeking revenge to those who have hurt or wronged me in some way. I don't want to be a bitter person anymore. Lord, please set me free from anything that is not of You. I desire to live a life Your way-by forgiving, by showing kindness and love to those who I come into contact with each and everyday. Help me to let go of the past and all of the hurt associated with it. Whatever You want, Lord. Show me and I'll do it. Change me. Lord.

0 comments: