Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday (Prayer Journal-Praying for Family)

I have a Prayer Journal that I use each day when I have my quiet time. It's a homemade prayer journal in a 3-ring divider, it has 8 divided sections: Praise (Praise God for Who He is), Confess (Confess & Ask forgiveness) , Request (my prayer requests), Thanksgiving (express thankfulness for all of my blessings-answered prayers), Listen (what is God telling you in his word-I complete this section after reading the Bible-doing a Bible study), the next 3 sections are used for when I'm reading the Bible throughout the year, it's broken up into sections & I write something meaningful down in each of the sections-New Testament , Old Testament & Psalms/Proverbs. I go through each section each day, in the request section is my prayer request list. Each day I pray about something different, for example, on Sunday I pray for our Church Leaders, on Monday I pray for my husband, on Tuesday I pray for my children, etc. This doesn't mean that if on Friday my husband needs prayer for something I don't pray for him because it's not his day....I have my daily prayer and my special prayers. (I hope that makes sense!) In my husband and children section, I have a page for each family member, on that page, I have traced their hand & placed a picture on that page as well. When I pray for that particular family member, I place my hand on their handprint and pray for them. It makes me feel extra connected to them!

That works for me....what works for you? Check out more WFMW ideas @ Rocks In My Dryer!

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

I think the handprint idea is great. Sometimes I'll go to my child's room and put my hand on their door (while they're still sleeping) and pray over them. Blessings.
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing how you organize your prayer journal. I really like the handprint and picture idea. :o)

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Oh, the handprint idea is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. -e.