Sunday, August 12, 2007

Coming soon....a 25 cent sale!

Many of you know that I have been cleaning out the garage & attic and having several garage sales to get rid of the accumulated clothes & items that we have been packing from house to house & storing in the attic. I have had 4 garage sales over the past four weekends. Next Saturday will be my last garage sales with the items that I have in the garage. I want to get the garage reorganized so I can start parking the vehicles in there again & also create another spot where I can start going through the remaining items up in the attic. I still have a pretty full attic even after I pulled down all of the Rubbermaid boxes (35 to be exact!) with clothes in them a couple of weeks ago. I have decorating items that I'm no longer using, Christmas decorations (I have 3 or 4 different color schemes!), more books and lots of other things. They were packed away so many years ago, I'm not sure what's up there!

Anyway, I will be boxing the items up (kids clothes) and taking them to my grandma's in Sedalia. She lives on a main street (we live out just past the city limits & we don't get the traffic that houses do in a subdivision or in town) & will be having a garage sale before winter arrives. I was planing on sending the leftover clothes to my sister's place of employment in Sedalia any way. She works at a women's abuse shelter & I plan on taking the kids clothes to her to give to the women & their children who arrive with no clothes or very little. BUT before I take everything to Sedalia I will have ONE more sale here in Columbia on Saturday, August 18th. If you know anyone here....let them know. I have girls & boys clothes, lots of boys clothes! The girls have been really picked over...there are lots of nice outfits still but not quite the amount compared to the boys. I plan on having a 25 cent sale on everything this weekend except for some items will remain at a different price. I really would like to get rid of a lot next Saturday. In fact, I will be listing it in the newspaper as a 25 cent sale!

Check my blog tomorrow...I plan on posting pictures of the tables of clothes & the progress of my bathroom!

1 comments:

EE said...

We always have 1 garage sale a year and afterwards I always swear that I will never do it again. I can't believe you've done 4 this summer!!!