Saturday, May 19, 2007

Brotherly Love...a Tribute to Uncle Bruce

Last week was a rather stressful week. I started the week off great...blogging my weekly Menu, a Tackle it Tuesday project (which by the way...I never found my USB cord for my camera but I ordered a new one & will post my pictures of my Tackle It Tuesday & my Works for Me Wednesday)....

On Thursday morning, I was abruptly woke up by my husband telling me to get up & get dressed. I asked what's going on because he was on the phone. He hung up and immediately started crying. His Uncle Bruce, had a massive bleed in his brain which caused a lot of swelling which put pressure on his brain stem & caused him to become brain dead. We were asked to come up to the hospital and say our last goodbyes.

Bruce was a very special man and will be missed so much by our family. His sister, my mother-in law wrote this poem that she read at his Celebration of Life Memorial Service.

Brotherly Love...

Hello Brother-We love you so...
"But" God saw that you were getting tired
and a cure was not to be,
So He put His arms around you
And whispered just come and live with Me.
With tearful eyes we watched you suffer
And saw you fading away
We all love you dearly
But could not make you stay
That Big Golden Heart, stopped beating
Your hard working hands were at rest
God broke out hearts to prove to us
That He only takes the best
God will love and keep you
Until we meet again
The chain is broken for now
But will link once again.

0 comments: