Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast (3.9.07)

I am posting my feast today because it requires me to think a little and write about something other than my to-do list or shall I say my list of excuses for not getting my house clean and in order!

Appetizer:

What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather is be different?

I try to get in bed between 9:00 and 9:30 each evening...I don't go to sleep at that time. I use this time to watch any of my shows that I have DVRed. I usually am asleep by 10:15-10:30 each evening. I like it because I get enough sleep to function to my full each day. I rarely say, I'm tired, unless I didn't sleep well the night before.

Soup:

When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

It depends on the situation...if it's something that I have had experience in....I tend to give advice.

I'm not a good receiver of advice. Unless I have asked for someones advice! I don't care for someone to just freely give me advice!

So I guess I'm more of a giver?!

Salad:

Describe a memorable meal you've had.

Several years ago, I go to go with my husband to a business meeting dinner in Chicago at the restaurant True...it was quite an experience and one that I will never forgot. We had the chef's dinner, which was a 7 course meal complete with caviar, stinky cheese and interesting foods! We drank $400 bottles of wine, I believe we had 2 or 3 bottles that evening. The chef's dinner was $150 per plate. The caviar came out on a glass staircase and there were 6 different types of caviar, going from the least to the most expensive! It was "True"ly a memorable meal.

A couple months ago, the chefs challenged Bobby Flay on Iron Chef! It was really cool to get to say...I've eaten there before! Most chefs that are featured on Iron Chef, I won't have the privilege of eating at!

Main Course:
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

A piece of fiction that affected the way I think about something??? When I read fiction, I tend to read pieces for enjoyment more not classical fiction or fiction with deep thought. More romances and mysteries are what I tend to read. However, in high school we read 1984...it was very thought provoking and something that I think about time to time.

Dessert:

What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

That's easy....I love tomato juice. I just did my click and pull order this morning with Sam's and I put that on my order! It's something I don't normally buy but I'm trying to add more healthy drinks and food to my diet because my triglycerides came back really, really high from my yearly check-up. I need to cut out sugars and starches from my diet and limit my intake of red meats. So I decided to get me some tomato juice and drink a couple glasses (cans) a day instead of my typical 6-pack of Diet Dr Pepper!

I also like orange and pineapple juice. I like the mixed juice of strawberry, peach and banana, too!

1 comments:

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy