Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Countdown to Disney-6 days!!!


I am counting down to the day we leave and I feel like I have so much to do! I have 5 days to finish planning our trip, clean my house and pack!

We just watched the DVD that Disney sends to get us excited (not that we already aren't excited) but to see what the rides look like, the shows, etc. and to get an idea of where we want to go! Sydney was a little worried that she wasn't going to be tall enough to ride the roller coasters! She looked up at me and asked (with big tears in her eyes!), "Are you just going to leave me, if I'm not tall enough?!" I got the tape measure out and she is 51" without shoes on, all of the ride requirements are 40-48" except for the race car ride, which she has to be 52" to drive by herself. She is a happy camper!

The kids then asked about where we are sleeping, I said that each of you will have a "bed" and no one will have to sleep on the floor, etc. I said that they have pictures of our rooms online and I showed them. They were very ungrateful! None of them want to "share" a bed! Collin doesn't want to share, but wants the bigger bed that folds out! Talk about ungrateful! I am spending all of the money to go to Disney and they are more concerned about what they are sleeping in....be thankful that you are getting to go!

Oh well....I am sure that once we get there, get settled in and start our vacation that they will be happy with where they get to rest at...after all we are going to Disney! We are going for the rides, the shows, the food and the fun!

The other cool part of this trip is that I get to cross off one of my items on the 40-before-40 list! Taking my family to Disney!

0 comments: