Tuesday, February 03, 2009

40-Before-40 List

Oh my! I haven't posted on my blog in quite some time. It use to be that blogging was one of my daily activities, something that I really enjoyed now I spend my time on facebook. I still enjoying reading my friends blogs and I am going to do a much better job of posting!



I am about 5 months away from turning 40 so I thought I would revisit my list and start working on a plan to complete some of these items!



1. Clean/Organize Garage UPDATE: Need to organize the area in front of car and then garage is clean....will do when it's not so cold outside!

2. Clean/Organize Attic

3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great!

4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book)

5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.

6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.

7. Renew my wedding vows. UPDATE: Would like to renew vows on our 20th Anniv in July 2011.

8. Read the Bible completely. (started reading each day)

9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.


10. Catch up on my scrapbooks.

11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet!

12. Make a quilt.

13. Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents. (Registered for Networking-class starts Jan 21-23. 2007

14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs. Purchased a program for my computer & will start working on this next week!

15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.

16. Go to a spa for a massage.

17. Get a pedicure.

18. Take a cooking class.

19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.

20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.

21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids) Have mine done...need to get Sean's completed & have SIL file.

22. Learn cake decorating. Looked into classes but need to wait until Fall.

23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.

24. Try yoga.

25. Try pilates.

26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)

27. Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked) UPDATE: Wend to NYC in June-July 2009. Saw Wicked the first night there!

28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes. Purchased notebook 6/29/07. Started working on inventory with kitchen.

29. Get finances in order and everything paid off. UPDATE: All but house will be paid of in Dec 2009!!!

30. Take family to Disney World. UPDATE: We are leaving for our Disney Trip on Feb 10, 2009!!

31. Send out Christmas Cards (I haven't sent out cards since I was pregnant with my 3rd child!) Mailed out cards for 2007 and 2008!!!

32. Clean out car-keep it clean for an entire month-figure this would help me set a habit.

33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.

34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.

35. Go ice skating with my family.

36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk &; don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my list!)

37. See "Gone with the Wind."

38. Take Tennis Lessons.

39.

40.


1 comments:

Willy The Prince said...

Great list. Good luck.

Heather
http://40thingsby40.blogspot.com/