Monday, October 29, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
I don't have a major project to tackle today except getting a lot of things that need catching up-caught up! So I am posting my to-do list today and hopefully at the end of the day, I will have everything crossed off! Wish me luck!
Bible Study Workout Set out dinner-we are having Pork Chops with Apples and Herbed Dressing Hotels finalized for Dance
- Schedule set for Nov 3/4 soccer weekend
- Referee Spreadsheet
- Hallway picked up
Kitchen/ Dining Room picked up Living Room picked up
- Quiet time
Futsalregistration forms emailed out & sent to webmaster
- MYSA registration payment form emailed to Mick
- Teacher Appreciation Committee emailed re: Luncheon and Monthly Birthdays
- Update Hickman Blog
- Try either yoga (5:30 pm) or Pilate's (6:30 pm) today
- Drop off or Pick up at Dance this evening
As you can see, I have a lot to get accomplished today. I plan to take 15 minutes at a time to work on the little tasks, ie Hickman blog, registration forms, spreadsheet, schedule, etc. Then taking longer times to work on the bigger projects. Hopefully, I will get everything completed if I stay focused!
Check out more Tackle it Tuesday projects at http://www.5minutesformoms.com/!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Monday: Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry with steamed rice
Tuesday: Pork Chops with Apple and Herbed Dressing, Peas and Salad
Wednesday: Italian Sub Stoup and Sandwiches
Thursday: Mustard-Maple Chicken (in crockpot), Rice or Noodles, Green Beans and Salad
Friday: Order Pizza
What are you having this week. Check out more menu plans at www.orgjunkie.blogspot.com!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
(Julia Robinson photo)
(Nick King photo)
It's been a while since I posted about life and what I have been up to. Soccer is winding down, we have a tournament next weekend and our last weekend of league games (make-up games) so I can start focusing on life....my life. So I decided that I would post my weekly goals on Sunday of each week and revisit those goals at the end of the week to see if I accomplished them!
Here are my goals for 10.22.07:
1. Start workout program (I would really like to work up to 2 hours per day in the gym on M, T, W and F each week). I really need to get serious about losing the extra weight that I have put on over the last three years.
2. Quiet time each day at 6:45 am-before I need to wake up the girls and get them ready for school.
3. Focus on one zone a week (Flylady) and get my house back in order! This week, I will be working in the Master Bedroom! Good! I think that I am going to do some summer/winter switching of my closet since Fall is in the air!
4. Start my weekly scrapbooking routine. I just purchased a photo album this week for Connor-the outside cover is a leather soccer ball. I have newspaper clippings and pictures from this season which I will get in his album and that will be caught up! I wanted to archive his High School Soccer Career and since that is currently taking place, no time like the present to get that done!
Well, I think 4 goals for this week should do me! It's going to be a struggle to get these accomplished I'm sure!
Wish me luck! Encourage me! I am going to need it :-)
Have a good week! See you on Monday with my weekly Menu Planning!
Saturday, October 20, 2007
thought that would get someones attention! No, I really don't hate chocolate BUT one day I did hate chocolate....first take a look at this picture and I will tell you the story behind it!
This picture was taken the summer of 2002. We moved the end of June that year and while I was unpacking, I came downstairs to find my girls or shall I say the youngest, Sydney, finger painting and licking chocolate syrup off of the coffee table. Gracie isn't innocent, even though she is trying to be an innocent bystander in this! You can tell that she has this look on her face & it's saying, I had nothing to do with this!
Instead of getting really mad, I grabbed my camera and emailed this picture to their grandma (my mom) with the subject.....I HATE CHOCOLATE!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I took this little quiz today that was linked on my Gmail called "Are you a slacker mom?" Well, I just had to check because I don't think I am! The link is http://www.areyouaslackermom.com Check it out & see what type of mom you are.
Here are my results:
"Your quiz score makes you: Zen Mom
How do you do it? Even when explosions are all around, you are able to take a deep cleansing breath and chant your mantra "this too shall pass." You are a calming influence on your kids in a hectic world."
I wonder that myself, how do I do it some days?
Posted by mistihollrah at 9:09 AM