Tuesday, September 18, 2007

40-before-40 Revisited

Every once in a while I need to revisit my list & make a plan to accomplish the list! Better get to work....I only have a few crossed off!

1. Clean/Organize Garage Starting this weekend (June 30/July 1)
2. Clean/Organize Attic
3. Lose 50 pounds---75 would be better but 50 would be great! (I have lost 8 pounds so far!) Will lose 25 pounds by September 1st. DID NOT DO :-(
4. Read the Chronicles of Narnia with my kids. (reading on my own first-finished the first book)5. Bake through Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Need to purchase a KitchenAid first for all that mixing...I've been hinting... working on..
6. Knit a blanket for each of my kids.
7. Renew my wedding vows.
8. Read the Bible completely. (started reading each day)
9. Purchase "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" and read one book a month.
10. Catch up on my scrapbooks. Starting on Friday!
11. Give up Diet Dr Pepper (this will be a really hard one, I have been drinking Dr Pepper since I can remember!Maybe just for a day...like the day I turn 40!) Better yet, add more water to diet!
12. Make a quilt.
13. Take Networking at church..discover my God given talents. (Registered for Networking-class starts Jan 21-23)
14. Burn all my home VHS onto DVDs. Purchased a program for my computer & will start working on this next week!
15. Rip CDs I don't listen to often and sell them.
16. Go to a spa for a massage.
17. Get a pedicure. Update-have one scheduled for July 17th!
18. Take a cooking class.
19. Read everything I haven't read yet on my bookshelf.
20. Watch all five Best Picture nominees prior to the Oscars.
21. Get a will (mostly for if something happens to both S & I-details for Mom & Dad re: the kids) Have mine done...need to get Sean's completed & have SIL file.
22. Learn cake decorating. Looked into classes but need to wait until Fall.
23. Plant a herb garden to be used all year long.
24. Try yoga.
25. Try pilates.
26. Incorporate a regular date night with hubby. (I thinking every other Friday or Saturday evening.)
27. Visit NY and go to a Broadway musical or play. (would like to see Wicked)
28. Make a household inventory notebook including pictures, serial numbers, etc for insurance purposes. Purchased notebook 6/29/07. Started working on inventory with kitchen.
29. Get finances in order and everything paid off.
30. Take family to Disney World.
31. Send out Christmas Cards (I haven't sent out cards since I was pregnant with my 3rd child!)32. Clean out car-keep it clean for an entire month-figure this would help me set a habit.
33. Take a second honeymoon with hubby.
34. Take family on a ski trip to Steamboat.
35. Go ice skating with my family.
36. Drink Milk. Plain, Chocolate or Strawberry flavored. (at least one for that day-this one is for my son-I do not like milk &; don't drink milk & he thought that it would be a good one to add to my list!)
37. See "Gone with the Wind."
38. Take Tennis Lessons.
39.
40

5 comments:

EE said...

You've never seen GWTW?????
Tomorrow...go rent it tomorrow!!!
I don't think I could give up Diet Dr. Pepper...I'm a total addict.
Good luck with your list!

EE said...

You've never seen GWTW?????
Tomorrow...go rent it tomorrow!!!
I don't think I could give up Diet Dr. Pepper...I'm a total addict.
Good luck with your list!

Unknown said...

Wow that's a long list! mmmm Diet Dr. Pepper! I think that's my downfall!

Susannah said...

Tennis lessons, yes, a good plan!

And nice to meet you. You might be interested to know that Marriage Monday has a new home. If you're planning to post your marriage wisdom some time this week (open topic) I'd love to have you link up at Chrysalis.

Blessings, e-Mom

Jan Parrish said...

I gave up Diet Pepsi and it was really hard. I now can hardly drink soda at all.

See my blog for help on the will. I wrote my own memorial service. Everyone freaked out. :)

I think you should add, celebrate your 40th birthday with a minimal of 4 parties and over a period of months. My 40th was in the summer and I celebrated all summer long.